Hi, I'm famous harry. My real name is Harry Sneed III and I want to personally thank
you for taking time to find out more about me.
As I was creating this bio page I kept pondering on what I was going to write that
would best describe me. I had a general idea on what I was going to say but I didn't
know exactly where to begin. So I started jotting down different adjectives that, I felt,
best described me.
Outgoing, creative, honest...my list began. Then I started thinking, I could tell you
about me from my own slanted, biased, personal view but did others see me the same
way as I saw myself?
Hhhmmmm... I wondered. Then I came up with an idea, and have since called it
Sneed Personality Test or SPT
It's a new personality test, not based on answers you give to stupid questions, (I
always failed those) but on how other's describe your personality.
I asked 20 of my closest friends (both male and female), relatives, ex-wife,
ex-girlfriends, co-workers and my children to list at least 5 ADJECTIVES that best
described me. They could use any adjective, positive or negative, as long as it was
what popped into their head when they thought of me.
Within a week I had all my responses back and put them in an alphabetical order
and this is how other's described me:
|( ) denotes how many people choose the same adjective
| It's amazing seeing yourself through another people's eyes. As I looked down the
list, I noticed several funny things like contradictions (hyper vs. laid back), brutal truths
(crazy & vain) and impossibilities (Gullible? I don't think so.) But overall, I must say, as I
went down the list, I could find bits and pieces of every adjective scattered somewhere
in my personality. (Especially the smart and vain part :>)
I then took all the different adjectives and grouped them in subgroups of, more or
less, the same meaning (synonyms) then charted them by percentage and colors and
create a more detailed graph of my personality based on the SPT (Sneed Personality
Test) you can view that HERE.
It's a fun personality test that everyone should try. Get 20 people who know you the
best and have them list the top 5 ADJECTIVES that best describe you and see if you
see yourself like other's see you. It's an eye-opening and hopefully beneficial
PLACES: that I have been:
THINGS I love the most...my Creator and my two children.
...and all the rest (not necessarily in this order)
writing, reading, sex, dancing, fireplaces, garage sales, antiquing, the sound of
waterfalls, the smell of Christmas trees-fresh cut grass and fried bacon, meeting
people, learning new things, kids, working out (OK, I don't like working out but I do it.)
the History Channel, traveling, children's laughter, English chick flicks, having and
going to parties, being in front of people, thrift stores, coffee and pumpkin pie, helping
people, music, being different, creating new words, daydreaming, listening to old people
tell their stories, my family, making people laugh, attention, hot showers, cold
watermelon, warm towels, asking people questions, being romantic, talent, Mark
Twain, spontaneity, history, Halloween, Chain of Rocks Bridge, light houses, the
Botanical Garden, clothes, disco, Dr. Pepper, Norah Jones, candles, Christmas, PDA
(public displays of affection), my friends, book stores, surprise gifts, backrubs, being
creative and last but not least...CHOCOLATE!!!
ADJECTIVES, NOUNS, What other grammatically creative way can I tell you about
myself? How about VERBS or words that show action? Well, considering I'm an
actionoholic, VERBS are like my daily vitamins. I ALWAYS have to be doing
something. This is the perfect opportunity to show you what I mean. Below is a list of
VERBS associated with all the jobs I've ever had in my life since I started working at the
age of 14...
1. mopped floors as a Porter/Janitor
2. bussed tables as a Busboy
3. pumped gas as a Full-Service Gas station Attendant
4. watched kids as a Daycare Worker
5. sold clothes as a Clothes Salesman
6. stocked shelves as a Drug Store Clerk
7. saved people's lives as a Lifeguard
8. stuffed bags as a Grocery Bagger
9. drove new cars across the country as a Car Dealer’s Trader
10. steam-cleaned carpets as a Carpet Cleaner
11. counted patches as a Inventory Clerk For Patch Co.
12. collected money as a Self-Service Gas Station Attendant
13. sold houses as a Real Estate Salesperson
14. owned a Carpet Cleaning Co.
15. helped people get in shape as a Health Club Instructor
16. sold office equipment as a Copier Salesman
17. co-owned a Home Accessories Store
18. owned a Interior Plantscaping Co.
19. posed in magazines, newspaper and on TV as a Model
20. created beautiful floral designs as a Florist
21. served the rich at the world-famous Tony's restaurant as a Waiter
22. sold gold as Jewelry Salesman
23. owned an Apartment Cleaning Co.
24. promoted the business as a Restaurant Marketing Manager
25. ran Bally's Vic Tanney as a Health Club Manager
26. designed kitchen and baths as a Home improvement Salesperson
27. peddled couches and bedroom sets as a Furniture Salesman
28. supervised a department as a Hardware Store Manager
29. babysat a bunch of telemarketers as a Marketing Manager
30. cold-called home builders as a Building Supplies Salesperson
31. mystified audiences as a Magician
32. tagged a bunch of property as an Asset Manager
33. entertained multitudes as a Mark Twain Impersonator
34. laughed with a lot of famous people as a Comedy Club Manager
35. traveled the world as a Talent Agency Owner
36. rattled the corporate ladder as a Administrative Assistant
37. questioned a lot of people as a Newspaper Columnist
38. watched the main entrance of a ball park as a Gate Attendant
39. worked my butt off as a Laborer
40. pleased many homeowners as a Handy Man (which has a sublist of about
20 other entries i.e. painter, plumber, electrician, the list goes on and on
Amazing isn't it? About the only thing I haven't done is held a political office or sold
Everything you'd every want to know about me will one day all be published in my
autobiography, which is currently being written. But until then, here's a little more about
I' m a 45 year old single, 3-D man, which means I'm Divorce, Domestic and a Dad.
I was born and raised in the North County of St. Louis, MO and I'm currently residing on
the opposite side of the river in St. Charles.
I'm president and owner of Harry The Handyman Inc. St. Louis' busiest and best
handyman company. For more information about that click HERE.
I also am a part-time stringer (i.e. freelance) writer/columnist for the North County
Suburban Journal newspaper. I do different articles and a weekly column called Word
On The Street, where I go all over North County and ask people questions like, "If you
could ask God one Question, what would it be?" I take their picture and answer and put
it in the newspaper. Click Here for a sample.
You will never meet another person like me. Period. I can say that because I'VE
never met another person like me. I don't think like the normal person. I don't act like
everyone else acts. I'm different. You might say, I take the short bus of life. I don't mind
being different. Sure it's tough at times being different especially when you’re a huge
people person like me, placed in this "cookie cutter" mentality world of being just like
everyone else. I think many people shy away from people who are different. They like to
remain in their safe, boring, status-quo world. And that's cool if they want to be that
way. Unfortunately, they’ll never truly experience all the richness, joy and excitement life
has standing there holding, waiting for them to grasp by being different. There’s also
one other thing about being different, people tend to remember you. And I don’t know
about you, but I like to be remembered.
My negative qualities? Well let’s see…I always have to be productive, I guard my
emotions like Fort Knox. I have the patience of a lit firecracker and tend to slouch. The
good news is, I strive daily to be the best person my Creator wants me to be. So I’m
slowly improving on all those negative qualities.
Meanwhile, I don't drink, smoke, gamble, do drugs or have any violent tendencies. I’
ll be the first to help when someone’s in distress and the last man standing in the battle
of righteousness. I guess the bottom line is, if I were a woman looking to date a
wonderful guy, I'd date me.
Now the $64,000 question: Why am I doing this famous harry thing? Simple. I'm
mastering my own fate. For many years my head has been a fountain of creative
ideas, flowing with everything from inventions, movie scripts, song lyrics to books, new
philosophies and world changing ideas.
All have, more or less, remained either in my head or on computer disks but that's
about to change via this website www.famousharry.com
I'm designing my own destiny by using this website as a soapbox to tell the world
my ideas, a venue to vent my frustrations, a way to gather fans of my writing, make
business contacts, advertising my Harry The Handyman company, introduce people to
my new philosophy and maybe, just maybe, even meet my soul mate.
That, my friend, is the who and what of famous harry. Again, thanks so much for
your time. Browse this website and enjoy all it has to offer, tell your friends about it and
stop in regularly to see what's new, exciting and different in harry's world. Now allow
me to leave you with a piece of advice...
"Endeavor to live your life, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sad."
Harry sneed III
aka famous harry
September 1, 2006
Well, we've covered the ADJECTIVES about me and since I'm a writer lets move to
another participant of the written word, NOUNS. You know- a person, place or thing.
The following is MY list of NOUNS that I would say describes who I am right now: